Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thi's Wedding!



 Arundathi (Thi to my sister n me), is a good friend, my sister's PG classmate and Thi recruited me into Frost & Sullivan. It was finally her turn to tie the knot :)  A lovely girl with a knack for keeping friends and my - absolutely unbelievable ability to keep in touch with friends!!!

Was her Mehendi ceremony on Saturday and we, my sis n me, reached her place in Thiruvanmiyur arnd 3:15. Most of the junta was knew but some that i know of as her friends. This was an occassion where all her many different friends finally to got to meet others that they've been hearing about but never met before :)

Aarti, Saroja, VJ, Mangala, Subashree, Anusha and Anandhi - nice folks all from very different attitudes but was great to meet 'em all. I guess I've never really been a part of a gathering where i didn't know the crowd so to speak but i enjoyed it thoroughly. Starting Ryzing after having met them all. A lot of the group were friendz of Thi's from having networked in Ryze. Infact, she met her husband, Sachin, at a ryze gathering.

Wedding was on Monday, Mom was coming down to Chennai for the wedding. She n my sis headed over earlier while i went along a bit later. Different wedding to see for me - Konkani ishtyle! Saree worn different, different ceremonial procedures, the works. Finally rushed to work and headed for reception in the evening. Met up with the Frost junta - Andy bhai, Ranjith, Rajesh, Hari, JD, Anu, Sharon, Tammy, Lalitha, Anusha and several others. Was nice to say to them after this time.

Thi n Sachin are heading to Goa for their honeymoon, followed by a reception in Secunderabad (Sachin's family hails from there).  See wedding pix attached.... On the whole, had a whale of a time, made new friends and ate happily!!



1 comment:

Raaga said...

I didn't even know you blogged until now :) and that too about this. Amazing. Thanks for the kind words da... its great to have you for a friend :)